It’s not a “regular” hot chocolate! This hot chocolate is spiked with Tequila so that about two sips in, you'll be feeling really comfy and cozy.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 3 cups
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks plus more for garnish
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (about 70%), finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 2 to 3 ounces good quality tequila
Place almond milk or milk, cinnamon, vanilla bean, and vanilla seeds in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
When it simmers, set mixture aside to steep for at least 10 minutes or until the mixture is flavored to the level you like.
Return milk to the stove over medium heat and whisk chocolate, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Add 2 ounces tequila and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Taste and add additional sugar or tequila, as desired. Serve garnished with a cinnamon stick.