PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
YIELDS: 8 – 10 SERVINGS
This pretty and easy to prepare spiked-melon salad is perfect for summer gatherings! We used watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew to create the perfect colorful balance of fruity flavor and liquor.
- 1/2 medium watermelon
- 1/2 small Honeydew melon
- 1/2 small cantaloupe
- 2 c. triple sec, fruit flavored vodka
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- Using a melon baller, make watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe balls.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit, vodka and a touch of pineapple juice, making sure the fruit is completely submerged. Place in refrigerator to soak.
- After about 2 to 5 hours, enjoy yourself a fruit salad that's bright in color and bold in flavor.
- If you don’t have a melon baller, simply cut the fruit into 1-inch cubes then follow the instructions as directed. Melon balls are more formal, so if you’re serving this for your backyard soiree, then save yourself the trouble.
- You don’t have to go out and buy booze for this recipe. If you’re already stocked with your favorite liquor, use that instead!