These are the BEST Boozy Waffles! They are tipsy, so fluffy, and very simple with only pantry ingredients!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
SERVINGS: 6 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 1 ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter (or oil)
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
- First, prepare the Baileys whipped cream. Pour 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the whisk attachment and beat the mixture on medium speed until peaks begin to form, about 4 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to keep cold until ready to serve.
- Next, preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, milk and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in egg whites.
- Drop by large spoonful onto greased waffle iron, close the lid and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Top with a scoop of Baileys whipped cream, a sprinkle of chopped mint and chocolate shavings, a drizzle of maple syrup and a handful of raspberries.
Beating the egg whites and folding them in makes the fluffiest waffles. This recipe can be made without beating the egg whites as well. If you do not beat the egg whites, reduce milk to 1 1/2 cups, and add whole eggs to the butter mixture.