PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 15 MINUTES
YIELD: 8 POPSICLES
Sweet strawberry and red wine popsicles dipped in delicious dark chocolate! The perfect summer treat!
- 16 ounces strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup simple syrup, (1/2 cup sugar plus 1/2 cup water heated over medium heat until sugar dissolves)
- 1 cup red wine (pinot noir if available)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces good quality dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Add all of the ingredients except the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a blender or food processor and puree until they are smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert a popsicle stick.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark chocolate in 20 second intervals stirring each time until the chocolate is just melted, be careful not to burn it.
- Stir the melted coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Remove the popsicles from the mold and dunk them in the melted chocolate.
- Lay them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Work quickly to avoid having them melt, then immediately place them back in the freezer to harden.
- Store the finished popsicles in a single layer in a freezer bag or airtight container in the freezer.