PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 20 MINUTES
SERVES: 30 BALLS
Itching for a sweet treat? Go for these Coconut Rum Balls! Boozy, chocolatey and rich, store these beauties in the refrigerator for several days for an even better flavor!
- 400 g condensed milk
- ½ cup desiccated (or finely shredded) coconut
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 250 g plain sweet cookies: the type you dunk into your tea or coffee. Vanilla wafers, milk arrowroot, or even plain chocolate cookies.
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- Pinch of salt
- Place your cookies in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You could also crush them in a food processor if you wish! (The rolling pin method is preferred in order to have some larger cookie pieces in our balls.)
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl.
- Start off mixing with a wooden spoon but may need to use your hands once the mixture becomes too thick. Once it’s thick, don’t add any more liquids to it! It needs to be thick enough so once it refrigerates, it sets into a truffle-like ball.
- Roll into a ball by the tablespoonful.
- Roll each rum ball in coconut and place them on a tray to refrigerate for 2- 5 hours.