Tequila Lime Shrimp
Tequila lime shrimp is one of the most popular Mexican recipes. They use tequila and lime to bring out a bold flavor in a shrimp dish! Add this shrimp to a salad, lettuce wrap, white rice, spaghetti squash, spiralized noodles, rice noodles, or make shrimp tacos (with flour tortillas) and we assure you to be happy and satisfied!
This recipe is made of shrimp, tequila, lime and cilantro. It is an easy and budget-friendly recipe. It takes 15 mins to make and it's so good!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, (15–20 shrimp)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup clear tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Once hot and garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes until flagrant, take care not to burn the garlic.
- Increase heat to medium high and add in the shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Let cook for 2 minutes until they start to turn pink, turning the shrimp as needed.
- Add in the tequila, lime juice, and cilantro and let cook until shrimp is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Use a cast iron skillet to make the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and paprika for extra flavors.
- Saute the garlic and shrimp on high heat then drizzle in the tequila. The alcohol is going to vaporize in high heat and the shrimp will be infused with the intoxicating tequila flavors.