Tipsy Hot Chocolate Cookies
What’s more satisfying than a mug of hot chocolate or cup of coffee on a cold winter’s day?
The answer: Tipsy Hot Chocolate Cookies.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
SERVINGS: 15 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- large egg
- tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur, hazelnut liqueur, or bourbon
- cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Mini marshmallows
- Sea salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer or large bowl, mix butter and sugar together. Add egg then stir in the liqueur. Add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until mixture is a wet dough-like consistency. Form dough balls using a cookie scoop and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. They will be a little undercooked and that’s ok. They finish cooking as they cool.
- Top each cookie with 3-4 (or more) mini marshmallows. Gently push them into the cookie so they melt a bit with the heat.
- Place the cookies under a broiler for 30 seconds or slightly torch the marshmallows with a kitchen torch until they are nice and toasty.
- Transfer cookies to a plate to cool. Garnish with sea salt.